LynnAAR

Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant

Review - Taming the Sheriff

Taming the Sheriff - Cynthia Hickey

I just couldn't get through this one. Considering how short the Heartsong Presents novels are, that's pretty sad. This book isn't so badly written; it's just a very cutesy, kid-intensive story that I couldn't get into.

The story revolves around Charlotte Nelson's arrival in rural Arkansas to teach school. When she gets there, she discovers a town divided by a Hatfield and McCoy-esque dispute that she decides will be set to rights by having a town Christmas pageant. She also crosses paths with the hunky town sheriff, who is raising his three wild nephews, whom Charlotte will of course turn into little angels. After a few chapters, I decided that I just couldn't deal with Little Miss Sunshine. As I mentioned above, this isn't a horrible book but it is super sugary in tone. If you are in the mood for that, you may like this book but this one was just a little too much for me.