LynnAAR

Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant
SPOILER ALERT!

Review - The Heat is On (mild spoiler)

The Heat Is On - Jill Shalvis

Definitely a fun read! The hero and heroine had definite chemistry and I enjoyed this book quite a bit most of the way through. One night stands turning to long-term romance is not a favorite trope of mine (probably because I've seen it go badly for friend of mine way too many times), but Shalvis handles it far better than most.

In this book, the hero and heroine are thrown together on a blind date through a singles club and the progression of their relationship actually does feel believable. I also found myself getting drawn into the suspense plot that started with the heroine's discovery of a dead body outside the door of the shop where she works. However, some of the twists and turns of the plot, such as a sex scene almost immediately after hero gets out of the hospital for a gunshot wound, seemed a bit off, and the resolution of the suspense plot didn't really work for me as it seemed to come out of nowhere. If you can get past that, though, this is a sexy and entertaining story.