LynnAAR

Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant

Review - Exclusively Yours

Exclusively Yours - Shannon Stacey

This was my November 2013 pick for the TBR Challenge, and here's what I had to say about it: This month’s TBR Challenge was to find a book that got inescapable buzz. As it turns out, I have had one sitting in my Kindle for ages, waiting for that perfect time to be read. When Carina Press launched back in 2010, one of their debut titles, Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey generated lots of chatter almost from the beginning and it filled my Twitter stream for months. In fact, this title generated so much buzz and so many sales that it ended up being picked up for reissue in print by HQN. As it turns out, it ended up being the perfect companion for me as I sat through my 3 hour glucose test(ah, the joys of pregnancy.) If you like single-title contemporaries, this one is a cute, light-hearted read. I’d give it a B+ for the huge smile it left on my face.

The basic set-up is this: Hero and heroine fall in love in high school. Heroine wants a life outside of small-town New England and she takes off for the West Coast, where she starts to build a career for herself writing for celebrity tabloids. Hero, meanwhile, goes on to become a famous author and also notoriously reclusive in his private life. When Keri Daniels’ boss finds out about her past relationship with Joe Kowalski, Keri is dispatched home to snag an interview with Joe.

Keri is the girl who broke Joe’s heart, so he’s not exactly falling all over himself to help her out. In the end, he does agree to answer some questions for her provided that she comes along on the Kowalski family camping trip. What happens next ends up being part crazy family romp and part heartfelt love story. The balance between the two isn’t always perfect, but it’s close enough to work. This could easily have been just a fun little romp in the woods, and I really liked that Stacey did more with it.

This is a partial review. You can find the complete text at All About Romance.