LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant
A Walk with Jane Austen: A Journey into Adventure, Love, and Faith - Lori  Smith I wavered between giving this book 2.5 or a full 3 stars. When this book is at its best, the author discusses details of Jane Austen's life with great insight. It's obvious that the author has spent a great deal of time thinking about Jane and her books, and that shone through in the writing. However, much of this book also involves way too much time watching the author obsess over small encounters, her own love life, and what came across as whining over almost every aspect of her trip. This resulted in a travel narrative that involved way too much of the author's complaints and not nearly enough of Jane Austen or of the sites visited on what was supposed to be a journey through places in Jane Austen's life.