LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant
Bride of the High Country - Kaki Warner I gave this a C+ on AAR, so that would be 3.5 stars here I think.Having read several of Kaki Warner's books, I had high hopes for Bride of the High Country. I expected adventure, romance, and a well-told story full of genuine sweetness. A tall order to be sure, but as I read the first part of the book, I got exactly this. Then I got to the second half, where between the loose ends being wrapped up and the characters from other novels making forced appearances, the beauty of the story somehow got lost. Stylistically, this author is still a cut above many, but with some rushed and occasionally eyeroll-inducing plotting, this book delivers only a slightly above average read.This is a partial review, and you can find the complete text at All About Romance: http://likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookReview.pl?BookReviewId=9070