LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant
Simply In Season (World Community Cookbook) - Mary Beth Lind, Cathleen Hockman-Wert I'd give this more of a 4.5 stars. I do wish it had even more recipes.However, since I buy most of my produce at the farmers' market and I try to cook with what's in season, I find this book very helpful. There's a general year-round section with various recipes primarily involving grains and kitchen staples, and the rest of the book is broken down by seasons. If you live in a tropical climate or up in the far north, your results may vary, but for me here in Virginia, the book's description of what should be available in each season is pretty much dead on. This book has been a great reference for me when planning my market trips, and pretty much everything I've cooked from this book has been delicious. I also really appreciate that many recipes come with several suggested variations and hints on tailoring them to fit your own tastes.For summer, the Stoplight salad with fresh tomatoes, corn, pepper and herbs has been a huge hit, and I love the various winter squash dishes that kick in for the fall and winter. I would never have thought up Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake on my own, but it's now a staple at my aunt's Thanksgiving dinner. Definitely a book for the cookbook keeper shelf!