LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant
Law of Attraction - Allison Leotta I can't quite give it a 5, but this was a very solid, enjoyable read. I met Leotta briefly at RWA in Anaheim, and really enjoyed speaking with her, so I decided to give her debut novel a try. The author is a former prosecutor and it shows in legal details that make the book believable. The novel is set in Washington DC, and the author does a good job of making readers feel like they really are in DC, as opposed to just any generic American city. I appreciated that, and I also liked that the legal and police professionals came from a variety of races and backgrounds. As someone who practices law in the region, I recognized this as something very true of the DC area and it gave the story an added ring of authenticity.The story works primarily as a legal thriller, though there is an element of romance thrown in. The suspense angle of the story worked very well for me, though the personal life of the main character, AUSA Anna Curtis, was a little overly dramatic for me. Even so, I liked this book quite a lot and I already have Discretion on hold at the library.