LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant
The Husband She Never Knew - Kate Hewitt I'll admit it. Part of what appeals to me about Harlequin Presents is the fairytale fantasy aspect of the line. I tend to pick up HP's when I'm in the mood to be whisked away to glamorous, faraway locales or just want to indulge in a bit of daydreaming about gazillionaires. The Husband She Never Knew, Kate Hewitt's latest, certainly contains elements of that, but there is a deep, angsty core to the book that makes it stand out. Unlike many of my favorite fairytale HP romances, this book packs a solid emotional punch along with the fantasy.As one would expect from this series line, the story's setup verges on melodrama. Our heroine, Noelle Ducasse, married Ammar Tannous ten years ago. Things went sour almost from the beginning as Ammar rejected her and refused to consummate the marriage. The anguished Noelle eventually had the marriage annulled. The child of a prominent businessman, Noelle has reinvented herself as a buyer for a chic French department store and lives the glamorous life of a Paris socialite. At a charity ball, she crosses paths with Ammar and her world turns upside down. Though Noelle purposely did not follow the Tannous family after her disastrous marriage, she had heard that Ammar and his father were believed lost in a plane crash and that Ammar miraculously survived. However, she did not expect to see him again.This is a partial review. You can find the complete text at All About Romance: http://likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookReview.pl?BookReviewId=9236