LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant
Wildfire at Midnight - Mary Stewart Mary Stewart is truly one of the greats. Her books, with their practical heroines and often exotic settings, appeal to the imagination, and she has a way of building tension throughout her narratives in such a way that it reels the reader in easily. Her writing has not only inspired all manner of romantic suspense novelists, but itself stands the test of time. Thankfully, her work is being rereleased and I was thrilled to get a chance to read Wildfire at Midnight as it was one of the few books by Stewart I had never read before.Set at a remote resort in the Hebrides, this novel features a somewhat unusual heroine for her time. Gianetta Brooke is not only a fashion model, but a divorcee, rather uncommon for a heroine in a romantic novel written in 1956. Gianetta (or Janet, as she is called by others in the book) has worked herself to exhaustion following her divorce from author Nicholas Drury, so her boss suggests she take a holiday. At her parents' urging, she travels to an isolated resort which caters to rock climbers and fishing enthusiasts. Upon arrival, not only does Janet find the small resort rather subdued and on edge, but she discovers that her ex-husband is in residence.This is a partial review. You can find the complete text at All About Romance: http://likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookReview.pl?BookReviewId=9287