LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant
The Publicist (Volume 1) - Christina George I gave this a B- at All About Romance, so 3.5 stars here.When I saw the blurb for this self-published novel, I'll admit it caught my eye. Christina George is, per the author's description, the pseudonym of someone who has worked 20+ years in the publishing industry and the book promises one author's view of the publishing world from the inside. And that peek behind the curtain contained in The Publicist: Book One makes for interesting reading. However, one does not get so vibrant a look at the life and loves of lead character Kate Mitchell, so as a work of fiction, this book falls a little short of the mark for me. Even so, I have to admit that it had a certain cracktastic quality about it.Publicist Kate Mitchell works at Morris & Dean Publishing (known as "MD") and dreams of hitting it big. For now, she represents lesser known(and not terribly respected) authors but she's working hard in search of her big break. It appears that this break may be about to come in the form of a project that star editor MacDermott "Mac" Ellishas demands she work on with him. On the surface, the project sounds like a dream as it involves the follow-up to MD's latest runaway bestseller. However, Kate has an uneasy feeling about the author and Mac's advances turn her world upside down, too. On the one hand, Kate finds Mac unbelievably attractive - but he's also very much married and Kate knows he'll stay that way.This is a partial review. You can find the complete text at All About Romance: http://likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookReview.pl?BookReviewId=9313