LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant
In Like Flynn - Dorien Kelly This was my TBR CHallenge pick for 2013. Here's what I had to say:Ah, new year…new resolve to dive deep into the TBR for the multi-blog TBR Challenge. This month we’re easing in with short reads (novellas, category books, etc..) and so I went pulled out 2004 release In Like Flynn from Harlequin’s now-defunct Flipside line. I didn’t remember having this book, but as soon as I saw the author’s name I knew immediately why I would have picked it up. Dorien Kelly is the author of Do-Over, which is to this day one of my very favorite lawyer romances. Most romances involving the law center on criminal practice, but I’ve always worked in the civil realm and Do-Over a pitch perfect portrayal of what life in a sizable corporate firm is like. Short on glamor, long on drudgery and intense politics. With this book, Kelly turns her focus to life in a family-run restaurant chain. Annie Rutherford comes from an overachieving family and while she has an MBA, she’s still the black sheep as she works for a pizza chain in Ann Arbor rather than a silk-stocking investment firm or something of that nature. Annie dreams of showing the owner of the chain how to make it into a franchise, but Mr. Donovan has other ideas – he wants to create an Irish pub like one he enjoyed on vacation. He places Annie at the helm of this project and announces that he plans to bring in an Irish consultant to work with her. Faced with the change in her dream business plan as well as an unwanted partner, Annie resolves to freeze out Daniel Flynn – even if he does turn out to be utterly gorgeous when she meets him.This is a partial review. You can find the complete text at All About Romance: http://www.likesbooks.com/blog/?p=9279