LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant
Wrongfully Accused - Ana Barrons I have this a B- at All About Romance, so 3.5 stars here, I suppose.As a romantic suspense debut, Wrongfully Accused comes on strong. Set in Washington DC, the plot involves a convoluted string of events involving everything from political maneuvering to adultery to terrorism. A likable heroine and intricate plotting carry the book and even if the events described sometimes seem rather fantastic, the author lays out her story in a way that kept me flying right through it. When I finished, I realized that I really wanted to see where this author will go next. The romance has its weak points, but the plot action keeps the pages turning.oor Kate Franklin has not had an easy time of things. Her first husband died tragically when she was only in her early twenties. Though he left her in a comfortable financial position, Kate longed to live again. This led her to marry Congressman Drew Franklin. As the book opens, we learn that a private plane carrying Drew Franklin and several other members of Congress has exploded. The tragedy occurred on the eve of a vote that could have possibly led to passage of law giving the government vast, sweeping powers to monitor its citizens for purposes of security, so authorities wonder if the act could have been that of terrorists. However, some also wonder if the wealthy and twice-widowed Kate could have had something to do with this turn of events.While the FBI is involved as well, the lead detective from the DC police force is Gabe Hugo. Gabe and Kate have quite a past. While they enjoyed a night of passion some eight years ago, Kate went on into her first marriage - to Gabe's brother. Following that man's death, Gabe blamed Kate and led his family to treat her as an outcast as well. However, Kate's position as godmother to Gabe's son complicates things. Gabe may resent Kate, but his son loves her more than almost anyone in his world, so Gabe ends up having to spend plenty of unwanted time around her. Adding the investigation of the plane crash and the parties' unresolved feelings from their night together into this dynamic creates all kinds of believable tension.This is a partial review. The complete text is available at All About Romance: http://www.likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookReview.pl?BookReviewId=9329