LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant
Live Bait - P. J. Tracy I liked this book quite a bit, though not so much as Monkeewrench. This book focuses much more on Magozzi and the police, and the Monkeewrench crew doesn't appear very often. The case they work to solve(murders of several elderly people) was intriguing and the momentum of the case carried me along through the book for most of it. Even though I didn't expect it, I found myself enjoying the ways in which the relationship dynamics between the various detectives played out. The whole squad seemed to develop more character, and that made up somewhat for the loss of time with Grace and company. My major beef with the book came toward the end. Without spoiling it, I'll just say that we as readers learn the piece of info that ties everything together - but things meander and it takes the characters way too long to make the connection themselves. Things also started falling apart into complete overkill at the end and that pulled me out of the book. The mystery has some clever twists and I enjoyed it, but it's not as gripping as its predecessor.