LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant
Relentless Seduction - Jillian Burns Most of the Blaze books I've enjoyed have been fairly light, spicy reads. While still fun, Relentless Seduction hits a slightly darker tone and the vampire bar and vampire subculture that play important roles in the plot make this book stand out from others I've read. I can honestly say I've never read anything quite like it and since I mostly enjoyed both the plot and the characters, I'm glad I gave it a whirl. Or perhaps I should say that I'm glad I gave it a whirl in spite of its dreadful title, which really has nothing to do with the actual book.Microbiologist Claire Brooks came to New Orleans with her best friend Julia for a bit of fun. However, after her friend disappears, Claire's frantic search takes her to Once Bitten, a vampire bar where the rather frumpy and buttoned-up Claire sticks out like a sore thumb. When she accidentally spills a drink on a tough and furious customer, bartender/owner Rafe Moreau finds himself having to ride to her rescue. Claire's demeanor and questions annoy Rafe, who worries that Claire will drive off business or that she will find herself in more trouble than she can handle. His attempts to get Claire to leave turn into him(grudgingly, at first) helping her look for her friend as he finds himself impressed by Claire's loyalty. No one reading this book would be surprised to learn that Rafe and Claire fall into lust and then love with each other during the course of their search for Julia. This is a book from the Blaze line, after all. And in this case, the love story works. Claire is more comfortable in her lab working with data than she is exploring a sexual relationship with a lover who has more than a little bit of an edge to him, and Rafe very obviously enjoys flirting outrageously with Claire and getting her to live a little. The confident lover seducing his uptight opposite is a plotline romance readers encounter more than a few times in the genre and there's a reason for that. When it's done well, it works. And in this hands of this author, it's a lot of fun to read.THis is a partial review. You can find the complete text at: http://likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookReview.pl?BookReviewId=9324