LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant
Dead Run - P.J. Tracy I can't say this book wins points for realism, but that didn't stop it from being a darned satisfying read. From the moment when things go wrong for the bad guys in chapter 1 until the very end, I was pretty hooked. I just had to know what was going on in Four Corners and what grand scheme Grace and the others from the Monkeewrench crew had stumbled into.I will say that if you are one of the readers who need deep characterizations in your books, this one will probably leave you cold. The authors probe a little deeper into Grace and her friends than what I observed in book 2 of this series,(Live Bait) but I find their style more plot-oriented than introspective. When the plotting is intense and keeps the reader on the edge of her chair, that works. Even though the terrorist activity in this book strained credulity and kept right on going, I did find the story intriguing and I just didn't want to put it down.