LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant
Finding Jordie - H.J. Harley I gave this a B- at All About Romance, so maybe 3.25/3.5 stars here. I've long enjoyed romantic suspense, and I have to say that Finding Jordie is one of the more unusual books that I've read lately. The execution gets a little rough in places and there's a pretty severe case of Kitchen Sink Syndrome kicking in by the end, but the worldbuilding captured my imagination and I found myself getting sucked in nevertheless. Jordie got married soon after high school, had a baby, and then lost her husband to the war in the Middle East. Recognizing the need to provide for herself and her daughter, Jordie returned home to New York City where she opened a bar. Her child is now 9 years old, and Jordie's bar is popular enough to provide her a secure living, albeit one that requires long hours. While outside smoking one night, Jordie meets Nathan. His flirting catches her attention, but she doesn't think anything of it at first. After all, hundreds of people pass in and out of the bar. However, she and Nathan cross paths again and even though their first meetings are fraught with awkwardness, a relationship begins to develop between the two.This is a partial review. You can find the complete text at All About Romance: http://likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookReview.pl?BookReviewId=9369