LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant
Viscount Vagabond (Regency Noblemen, #1) - Loretta Chase 4.5 stars I finished this book with a happy sigh indeed. Such a fun read! The story contains all manner of cliched elements that would normally make me an impatient reader. After all, we have a completely improbable beginning as the hero rescues heroine from a brothel, folks nattering about Almack's, a heroine who feels the need to take in urchins, a rakish hero, and so on. However, the author telling the story has near-perfect timing and chooses her words with great care. I found myself admiring turns of phrase and laughing over the antics of her finely developed characters. I suppose it's a bit silly in places, but I was in the mood for something light, and this one is a treat as far as that's concerned.