LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant
The Temptation of Your Touch - Teresa Medeiros Teresa Medeiros used to write books set in a wide variety of times and places and I have to admit that when she started setting everything in 19th century England, I stopped reading quite as avidly. However, her latest series sounded like it might be a bit different from much of what is on the market, so I was curious to pick up The Temptation of Your Touch. Books set in 19th century England are a dime a dozen, so I can't say this one had a unique setting, but it's solidly written and the storyline mixed over the top antics with heartfelt emotion in a way that truly worked for me.This story picks up after The Pleasure of Your Kiss. Maximilian Burke has lost his intended bride to his brother, and after making a bit of a fool of himself, sets out to Cornwall to manage the family's most remote property. Upon arriving in Cadgwyck, he finds villagers convinced that the manor is cursed and he barely manages to find his way up to the house. The warm welcome he anticipated turns out to consist of an old, befuddled butler, Anne Spencer, the bossy housekeeper, and an extremely small staff who seem to have little training and even less inclination to serve the lord of the manor. Oh, and then there's the White Lady who haunts Cadgwyck and whose spirit has driven away at least two previous estate managers.Max pronounces himself unmoved by the servants' tales of a haunting and settles into Cadgwyck. Skeptic or not, he soon finds himself the subject of mysterious doings and eventually learns the story of the White Lady. Apparently, she is the spirit of the deceased daughter of the manor whose seduction and the events which followed eventually led to financial ruin for the family, and her own suicide. Max finds her story intriguing, and he likewise finds himself curious about the odd habits of his staff - and growing strangely fond of them - particularly the prickly Annie. This is a partial review. You can find the complete text at All About Romance: http://likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookReview.pl?BookReviewId=9358