LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant
A Week in the Life of Corinth - Ben Witherington III I tried. I really did. Conceptually, this book sounded interesting - the author brought the ancient city of Corinth to life, allowing readers to get a sense of what life there was like in the 1st century AD. He did so by drafting a short, fictional story that took readers through the city and introduced them to various political figures of the time, as well as to the apostle Paul. The history in this book was quite interesting, and I enjoyed reading about the day to day lives of people in Corinth, the political and religious climate of the city, etc.. However, the fictional story featured very stilted dialogue and just didn't work for me. It had a tone to it that reminded me of my mom's old reading textbooks from the 1960s and that was something I just couldn't get into.