LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant
Historians' Fallacies: Toward a Logic of Historical Thought - David Hackett Fischer I had to read this in college, and I'll admit that it seemed terribly dry the first time around. After all, in those days I wanted to learn history - not pick apart someone's writing style. However, I found my copy recently while doing some cleaning and sorting, and sat down to read it again.It really is a helpful book not just for reading and writing history, but for considering a whole host of subjects. The author does a good job of picking apart logical fallacies so that we can recognize them when we read a work more closely. It can make writing more intimidating, though, because I think it's impossible to read this book without worrying about how many of these issues might be infesting one's own work.