LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant
Decision in Philadelphia: The Constitutional Convention of 1787 - Christopher Collier I picked this up on a whim at a book fair, and it turned out to be a really good read. The author clearly expects the reader to have some basic knowledge of events, and this is not a traditional chronological account of events. Instead, the author focuses on some of the various conflicts and compromises that arose during the Constitutional Convention. There are also some fascinating character studies of some of the players involved in various parts of the Convention. I enjoyed these in-depth mini bios and even though they made the narrative meander a bit, they really do add a lot to the book. As a side note, I had to laugh at the cover quote which proclaimed this, "A fascinating suspense story." Gosh, do you think they're going to manage to come up with a constitution? :)