LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant
Darkfever (Fever #1) - Karen Marie Moning This was a lot of fun to read! The story is an intriguing mix of darkness and humor, and the tone worked for me. I liked that Mac was a somewhat aimless 22-year-old, as opposing to the prodigy with multiple degrees and/or billion-dollar companies that we see so much of elsewhere. I know what I was like at 22, and I could relate to the freshly manicured, super-girly Mac Lane.As she confronts the reality of what happened to her sister, Mac really does change and grow. She may not start off as the deepest character in the world, but she's no fool and we see her learning how to think her way through some of situations thrown at her. Jericho Barrons made less of an impression on me. I often wondered exactly WHAT he was, but beyond that, didn't feel any particular draw. Even so, the worldbuilding in this book was fascinating and I've already made a run to the UBS to get book 2.