LynnAAR

Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant

Practically Wicked

Practically Wicked - Alissa Johnson I still remember the first time I read Georgette Heyer's Venetia. I loved that story because the intelligent characters made me want, more than anything, for them to fall in love and live happily ever after. I found myself having similar feelings as I read Practically Wicked by Alissa Johnson. The characters utterly charmed me, and the dialogue just sparkled as I flew through the pages of a book I didn't want to end.Readers in Romancelandia have grown accustomed to rakes as heroes, but in this novel, both Maximilian (Max) Dane and Anna Rees have notorious reputations. Max is a rake with little care for society's opinions and Anna has the questionable luck of being daughter to one of the most infamous courtesans in London. The two meet one night at the home of Anna's mother when a drunken Max wanders away from the party and finds himself in Anna's old nursery. The morosely intoxicated Max and unusually sheltered Anna find themselves quite taken with one another as they sit talking, and Max vows to call on her properly. This is a partial review. The complete review can be found at All About Romance: http://www.likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookReview.pl?BookReviewId=9215