LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant

That Christmas Feeling (Harlequin Super Romance)

That Christmas Feeling - Brenda Novak, Kathleen O'Brien, Karina Bliss Wow – we’ve reached the end of TBR Challenge 2012! This month’s theme was holiday romance, so I had no trouble finding a book in my TBR pile to fit it. In the end, I decided I was in the mood for something contemporary, so I went with Harlequin Superromance’s 2010 anthology, That Christmas Feeling. I read the whole book, but it was definitely a mixed bag. Overall, I’d put it in the B-/C+ range.The first story, A Dundee Christmas by Brenda Novak, was the most unique but also the most problematic. As it opened, I could tell this wasn’t going to be a run-of-the-mill Christmas story and I found myself looking forward to what might unfold. The heroine, Cierra Romero, is a young woman who came to the States from Guatemala on a visa to marry a much older man. However, her fiance has died and she is now overstaying her visa. Her family’s situation at home is quite dire, so Cierra has come to Dundee, Idaho, seeking work with a relative of her late fiance even though she feels constant fear of deportation.This is a partial review. You can find my complete TBR Challenge column at All About Romance: http://www.likesbooks.com/blog/?p=9194