LynnAAR

The Blood Detective
Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant

The One That Got Away (Harlequin Kiss Series #1)

The One That Got Away - Kelly Hunter I've seen numerous raves online for the Mills & Boon Modern Heat/Riva line, and when I heard about KISS at RWA last summer, I got excited because I thought this line might be something similar. If Kelly Hunter's The One that Got Away is anything to go by, this line might be the perfect fix for readers who want their contemporaries to seem, well, contemporary. No 2010s heroines with 80s hairstyles or descriptions of heroines wearing lots of "slacks" or pantyhose here - I felt like I was actually in 2013 reading this deliciously hot reunion romance.I know some folks skip prologues, but don't skip this one because it's just right for this story. We see a young couple in the midst of an intensely passionate interlude. It's the perfect example of understatement as the author describes very little and yet there's something incredibly hot about it.From there, we go on to meet Evie. She's an engineer, and partner in a building firm. Though the conversation between Evie and her business partner feels entirely natural, we learn a few critical facts in the early pages of the book. Evie and her architect partner are on the verge of something big for their business. On the romantic side of things, Evie doesn't date too seriously; there is apparently a mysterious man in her past that no other guy she's spent time with can quite measure up to. Not surprisingly, mystery man soon comes onto the scene.This is a partial review. You can find the complete text at All About Romance: http://likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookReview.pl?BookReviewId=9355