LynnAAR

Dan Waddell
Vienna Waltz
Teresa Grant

Lady Gone Bad

Lady Gone Bad - Sabine Starr I like a good Western and I enjoy discovering good, new-to-me authors, so I thought I'd give Lady Gone Bad a try. From the plot and the back cover blurb, one gets the impression that it's supposed to be an action-packed road romance. Reality falls short somewhat, though, as vague plotting and haphazard characterizations drag this story down.U.S. Marshal Rafe Morgan ends up in a rundown Texas saloon as he hunts for the infamous Lady Gone Bad. Lady is apparently a saloon singer and outlaw of some sort. Rafe intends to execute the warrant for her arrest, and take her in for trial and probable hanging. He spots Lady in the saloon, but his attempt to capture her goes awry as she recognizes him for a lawman and points him out to the other patrons. Given the roughness of the place, a lynch mob soon forms. The escaping Lady is horrified to see that Rafe is about to be killed (um, what did you think was going to happen, Lady?) and so she rides in to rescue him.This is a partial review. You can find the complete text at All About Romance: http://likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookReview.pl?BookReviewId=9253